Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Painful Questions

I don't know how to say this,
I don't know how to stand,
I don't know where toput my feet,
or where to put my hands.
I've got them in my pockets,
my fingers are freezing cold . . . .
I think we've figured out this world is bigger than you and I.
We've exhausted our wealth of knowledge and have no more answers for mankind
We've had every conversation in the world
about what is right and what has all gone bad,
but have I mentioned to you that this is all I am,
this is all that I have.
--Sara Groves, "Conversations"
To wonder what mercy means, when it will appear and sweep through this broken world in a way I can see--these are questions I struggle with. I want to see it now, I beg for mercy for these shattered lives, for the little ones left behind, for us who cry with and for them but cannot bear their burdens.

No comments: