Wednesday, May 16, 2007

I'm not perfidious, and I try not to be garrulous

Seeing as how I am not erudite, I do not know how I will be able to emulate my pedantic friends who have scored so well on the GRE. My studying thus far has been inchoate, but I have a plethora of excuses for that. Or, perhaps, I have just prevaricated to myself regarding my ability to study. Every time I sit down, my being is overcome with torpor. This test has become onerous, and it is becoming increasingly difficult to mollify my anxiety. I have thought about malingering, but I fear I will not have that choice. I'm becoming inimical to those around me because all I can think about is how I don't have time to think about the GRE. My mind is diffident--how can I ameliorate my fears?? Chicanery is not going to improve my score, and I can not simply be a dilettante with regard to the task at hand. But the good news is that this is an ephemeral pressure! If I approach it with the proper attitude and understand the exigent nature of the material in front of me, I hope to avoid any opprobrium from those around me. I may not become a paragon on June 19, but I do hope that my current studying will engender a positive result on that fateful morning.

4 comments:

Hilary said...

wow. you're worlds ahead of me. i couldn't understand any of that!! it sounded brilliantly snobbish!

Caroline said...

BraVO!

Chelsea said...

It's fantastic! A great way to put new words to use. You will defintely do well on June 19th.

Anonymous said...

That was a rather impressive use of polysyllabic words...