Saturday, June 17, 2006

No Title This Time


“There is within the human heart a tough, fibrous root of fallen life whose nature is to possess, always to possess. It covets things with a deep and fierce passion. The pronouns my and mine look innocent enough in print, but their constant and universal use is significant. They express the real nature of the old Adamic man better than a thousand volumes of theology could do. They are verbal symptoms of our deep disease. The roots of our hearts have grown down into things, and we dare not pull up one rootlet lest we die. Things have become necessary to us, a development never originally intended. God’s gifts now take the place of God, and the whole course of nature is upset by the monstrous substitution.” --A.W. Tozer
Over the past two weeks I have been mulling more over the things I wrote about in my prior post. I still don't have the answers, but I am confident that I serve One who does. Yet again I have had access difficulties, so I apologize for the infrequent posts! These next 2 weeks we have a sixty (yes, 6-0) person medical team here; we anticipate seeing about 850 patients during these clinics, so pray for our work to be profitable for bodies and hearts.

Photo: A couple of our beneficiaries and their kids outside of one of the community building where we work a lot

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

may the good Lord bless you is my prayer. I wish I could do do something more for you but what is more than prayer I love you mostestes love op and oma

Anonymous said...

may the good Lord bless you is my prayer. I wish I could do do something more for you but what is more than prayer I love you mostestes love op and oma