Friday, June 23, 2006

Through the Lens

One of our beneficiary's homes; with her little girl and newborn boy. I was visiting their home to check out the tiny new little one.
With Tesfaye; his name means "my hope".
With Asnakech, one of the beneficiaries who is dearest to my heart. She was teaching me to spin cotton! I'm not very good at it:)
A family on the rainy streets of Addis
Isn't she beautiful? We were captivated by her smile, her laugh, and her dancing; she was captivated by our cameras:) Our taxi had run out of gas on the street, so we got to spend a little bit of time talking to the two kids.
Eating Ethiopian--injera (the pancake-looking bread) with different kinds of wats (stews, in a way), cheese, and vegetables. Right hand eating only!
Driving downcountry a few weeks ago.

3 comments:

Caroline said...

Oh, those little children are so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

My dear sis, beautiful pictures! Love you and miss you!
-a

Anonymous said...

Your comments and pictures bring back so many [sometimes ignored] memories of similar struggles that I've had and now experience less poigniantly ... thanks for keeping those embers fanned.