Saturday, July 01, 2006

Rain Everywhere

It's raining in Baltimore . . .
Where you should be, no one's around
I need a phone call
I need a raincoat
I need a big love
I need a phone call
--Counting Crows
Yeah.
Today it rained harder than I think I have ever seen rain. And I have seen some rain--I've been in TX thunderstorms, was out in the parking lot moving my car right before Katrina hit, and was on the MS coast when Rita came through. The rain this afternoon poured as though all the heavens had decided to dump on my little house; then the hail came and the pelting and pouring matched the way I was feeling.
It's a melancholy day, to put it mildly. I have now listened to Counting Crows 4 times and am starting on my 3rd round with Keane. We complement each other nicely right now.
I'm glad there will be sun tomorrow, that joy comes with the morning. Some morning.
Until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts
--Peter

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Had a little rain last night. Garden looking good.Morgan's birthday party this afternoon. May God bless and keep you is our prayer opaoma