Sunday, July 16, 2006

Hmm . . .

So I just checked the weatherunderground page to see what the temperature was here in Addis. I know, that's weird; I do live here. But no one ever knows or cares what the temperature is, and I was curious. Thus my investigation on the website. Well, on their fancy little 7 day forecast, for the next 3 days they predict a 20% chance of rain. What?! I don't know where the forecasters are from, but it is obviously NOT here. It is RAINY season, which means it rains EVERY day! Anyway.
Today I had the privilege of spending the afternoon in an Ethiopian girl's home. She fed three of us out of the very little she had. Oh, was I confronted with what "hospitality" really means! Then tonight I was listening to a Tim Keller tape, about my favorite passage in Isaiah 58. He was talking about true justice, about loving the poor NOT out of guilt but truly loving as we have been loved. More thinking to do . . .

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, what is the temp.? It's about 105 here, or the heat index is! And no rain in weeks! Robin

Sara P said...

Oh, about 65 and wet! Gets in the 70s during the day, though:) I know, you guys are frying! But I am freezing in my heatless, insulationless house!! My 7 layers on the bed aren't going to cut it much longer! Stay cool:)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for reminding me that our seasons are opposites. I'd forgotten that.

We're baking here in Central Texas.
Of course, the okra is growing!

Do you have a favorite Ethiopian food?

Mrs. S.Jr.