Sunday, July 23, 2006

Sick Day

My former roommate (and current friend, of course), who taught me many useful things, has this great saying to describe how you really feel when you feel really crummy. I won’t mention it here, but will leave it to your imaginations to come up with something truly descriptive. That is how I feel right now! It’s Sunday morning, and I am sitting in my comfy fleece wear (looking positively scary) on my not-so-comfy sofa. Being sick is always unpleasant, and perhaps more so when the idealistic image of “home” and homemade chicken noodle soup and warmth and quilts and cool hands on hot foreheads seems so far away. I always hate missing church, and feel as though my week begins awry when I do. But I didn’t have what it took to get there today, and didn’t figure anyone would want to sit near my hacking self. So hear I sit, trying to patiently wait for this sermon to download so I can finally finish Pastor Mike’s Acts series. In the meantime, I am maintaining a constant infusion of hot drinks in what is turning out to be a vain attempt to keep breathing. If I decide to eat later, I have a pot of that aforementioned chicken noodle soup waiting in the fridge. When I felt much this same way on Friday, I decided to do something about it so boiled a chicken and the whole nine yards (minus the homemade noodles my grandmother’s would have had!). Campbell’s isn’t exactly an option here:) But I found some saltine wannabes a while ago, so I am happy. Simple joys:) Enjoy yours today

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dearest Sara,
I'm sorry I am not near to cook you some soup and put my cool hand on your forehead.
Much love
Mom

Caroline said...

I hope you feel better soon, dear friend!