Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Moving Stories

In February, a couple of guys came along with a medical team to spend 2 weeks filming and photographing the project here with the hope of sharing with the wider world what God is doing. They are still working on compiling this work, and at the same time processing the people and scenes they experienced through the lens. But they've just posted some of the preliminary pieces, and I wanted to share them with you.

This is a video generally of their team's first week here in Addis. I think I already wrote about this, but the night I watched it while the team was still here, I wept. It was joy and pain all mixed up, and it profoundly impacted my thoughts about returning here. So here it is for you to share our joy through!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ey1KNQdewaE

And this is Danute's story. She's one of the first beneficiaries of the project, and she is a beautiful testimony to God's power and grace. She came to the office a few minutes ago, and I got to watch this video with her. She cried and laughed, and I told her that because of her story, many people would be praising God. She said, "Thank you. I am praising God too."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5_0jh1lM7k

3 comments:

Caroline said...

Thank you, Sara. Those were beautiful.

Anonymous said...

that video still makes me cry. in a good way.

Anonymous said...

Those videos make me want to cry. I have no problem remembering how hard it is to leave there. We love you Sara and we will be praying for you.

Awedeshallo, bizoo betam tilick,
Tim and Laura