Tuesday, April 25, 2006

From the Other Side of the World

I am really in Addis now! All the flights were fine, except for the whole waving at Rome thing. That would have been an ideal time for a layover:) I had a great dinner with the missionaries here, and am unpacking my "life" right now.
First impressions: green mountains, people everywhere, lots of little ones, no personal space issues, big brown eyes, dirt roads, traffic rules--NOT!, darkness . . . .
I am pretty wiped so am going to go brush my teeth with filtered water and hit the sack . . . my new 4" mattress.
It is so good to finally be here. Thanks for the prayers that God used to get me safely here!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hooray - you are FINALLY there! I want to hear more about what it is like over there!

Anonymous said...

Your "other parents" are glad you made it safely. We are praying for you and the work you are going to do. I will eat something chocolate in your honor.
D & N

Anonymous said...

Hey Sara! Glad you made it safely!

Anonymous said...

It's great to hear that you made it there safely! I look forward to reading your updates.