Saturday, December 16, 2006

The End (of this, anyway!)

Ok, folks. I am ending my collection of photos from Kenya and Aaron's trip! I've got other stuff that's happened since then, and since I am a little on the OCD side of life I couldn't say anything because then it would be out of chronological order, wouldn't it?!
Today is a beautiful day--it's warm and sunny. Can Christmas really be only 8 days away? We've got a baby Christmas tree and a nativity (thanks, Mom!), and today we added a wreath to the door. We listen to Chrismas music and hum carols through the day, and I think I am going to put some chocolate in my stocking--but is this all really "Christmas"?? It's not, but it's easier to see that from here than there, I think. Sure, I want the Christmas sweets and parties and frost and people--but even that wouldn't satisfy. We have a Treasure far more grand than any of these things, and that is worth celebrating!

But on to Kenya . . . .
The "tent" we stayed in at the safari camp--let's just say that's the nicest tent I'll ever sleep in! It made for a pleasant stay:)

My view of Aaron for a good portion of the trip:)


With my elephant friends


Wildebeests roaming the Masai Mara--there were hundreds of thousands. We missed the annual wildebeest migration, but it was still pretty incredible.


Giraffes are incredible creatures--they cope with awkwardness gracefully. I wish I could do that! Seriously, they made the whole safari worth it!


The Masai Mara

2 comments:

Caroline said...

Hee hee... I know what you mean about the OCD chronological order. I used to do that in my own journal!

Anonymous said...

It is 75 degrees here. Doesn't quite feel like Christmas time in shorts. Enjoy your chocolates.