Friday, September 29, 2006

Of Rats and Women

It's lateish on this Friday night, and I should be thinking of finding my sleeping spot. But I am dreading the moment right before I drift into neverland and the stampede of elephants overhead begins! Yes, folks, I have rats in my walls and ceiling. I don't know if it's true or not, but my furry little enemies seem to be of the nocturnal tendency. Right before I slip into blissful oblivion, they start crawling, scampering, and scratching their way through the wall RIGHT BESIDE my head. UGH!
But, never fear. I've never been particularly scared of bugs and small furry creatures. I killed Mr. Mouse, right? (See prior posts if you don't believe me. Were I cool and talented and not tired right now, I might even add a link right here). I could, however, use some suggestions here. Do I use the sticky stuff, then deal with live squirmy ROUS-sized creatures? Or find some coumadin and let them die scattered in heaps around the attic? Or borrow the neighbor's cat and put him up there for a couple of days? The first problem is, of course, the fact that there is no way that short me can even get INTO the 1 foot hole leading into the attic! Chairs, cabinets, the stove--it's just not sufficient!
Maybe the fleas in the bed are raining down from the rats in the attic . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like and adventure! ... had bats flying through the house yet?